Based in Helsinki Finland, Musopia is a growing mobile app development company with music in our hearts. Our goal is to bring joy to people’s lives and help them reach their dreams with the power of music. Join our mission!
We are looking for an experienced (5+ years) UX/UI Designer to lead and improve the current Musopia apps and help design the future. You will be joining our growing R&D team, where we are designing the future of music education together. You are a seasoned user experience professional and independent self-starter with an excellent ability to understand user needs and convert insights, ideas, and requirements into engaging experiences that may change the way people learn music.
- Collaborating in a fun and dynamic environment with developers and other stakeholders to understand user needs, create concepts, build prototypes, validate user flows, and take ideas from sketches to production
- Having end-to-end design responsibility for different service features, user journeys, UI prototypes and concepts
- Creating and maintaining UX flows, conducting usability tests, and working with developers to get designs implemented
- Crafting detailed visual designs for mobile app UI
- Facilitating design workshops from time to time
- Communicating ideas and design concepts to the broader team in a transparent manner
- Ability to facilitate online user testing research when needed (we use e.g. usertesting.com)
- Desire to take ownership and turn ideas to concrete UI prototypes
- Strong experience in modern UX and interaction design for mobile apps with latest design trends
- Business-driven mindset that understands megatrends and the mobile app market
- Experience with using design techniques such as creating user journeys, service blueprints, information architecture representations, et cetera.
- Basic methodological knowledge of user-centric design and visual design principles, usability, and accessibility
- Hands-on experience with design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, Protopie, et cetera.)
- A general understanding of the mobile SW development process and experience working with developers
- Fluent communication skills with good written and spoken English, with Finnish being a plus
- Experience in rapid prototyping on varying levels of fidelity
- Portfolio showing UI design skills and a track record of delivered projects
We also appreciate
- Experience with Unity and the UI implementation pipeline
- Experience working with Design Systems or other style guidelines
- Interest and/or background in music
Our office is in Helsinki, and for team collaboration we expect our people to work two days per week in the office. Our team is easy-going yet super talented and ambitious and we are set to make an impact for the future. Note that playing a musical instrument is a benefit, but not at all mandatory. There is a fair chance to learn, as everybody gets a free Guitar or an Ukulele! Note that we will ask selected candidates to perform a design assignment as part of the recruiting process.
For more information visit www.musopia.net to get to know our products. Listen a podcast about us: https://bitinsider.fi/musopia/
Musopia makes fun and entertaining mobile apps that ignite the music in people. Learn your favorite song on the guitar, go from beginner to master on the ukulele, or discover a new sense of rhythm – with Musopia apps, the magical gateway to the universe of music is in your pocket.
Our apps JustinGuitar and Kala have risen on top in their catogories and been downloaded by millions of people so far. We have partnered with exciting brands such as Kala, JustinGuitar, Yamaha and Little Kids Rock with great results.
And this is only the beginning! New ideas combining music, technology, entertainment and education are flowing from the minds of our tuneful team all the time.
We are based in Helsinki, Finland – but in practice us Musopians enjoy working from all corners of the world. Our curious band has tech heads, music lovers, marketing visionaries, and generalists – all wonderful persons united by a sense of wonder and a refreshing lack of ego.
Are you ready for the spark?