Senior Data Analyst
How about a backstage pass to the music industry? Would you like to influence on how people learn to play music? Musopia is looking for a product and marketing oriented Senior Data Analyst to strengthen our senior team of Analysts and Data Engineers. You are a hands-on data analyst that does analysis and improves the collected data to identify key areas for growth and improvement, ranging from user acquisition to app features and in-app conversions. A modern data stack already exists in the company and is actively used, so you don’t need to start from scratch. You will work closely with other teams, but you would be part of driving the development of our daily data operations that critically supports both marketing and product decision making.
- Collaborate closely with the product and marketing teams to establish, monitor and communicate key KPIs crucial for scalable Paid User Acquisition and customer behavior.
- Spearhead data-driven decision-making across the company to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Proactively identify bottlenecks, challenges, or opportunities for growth through data analysis.
- Design and maintain real-time analytics dashboards to provide actionable insights for key stakeholders.
- Articulate data-driven recommendations effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Enable cross-functional teams with data-driven strategies and assist in setting targets.
- Continually optimize analytics related models and solutions to keep pace with evolving data requirements and industry standards.
- Foster a culture of curiosity, encouraging the team to dive deeper into data to uncover the “next big thing.”
- Years of experience generating and communicating recommendations from data in mobile games or SaaS environments
- Experience in Paid User Acquisition and customer retention
- Business understanding and capability of wording the management requirements and ability to present findings
- Data modeling experience for self-service analytics, for example using dbt
- Experience in building dashboards and visualizations (e.g. Preset, Looker, Tableau, Power BI or similar)
- Understanding of statistical analysis, for example ab testing
- Version control (Git)
- Expert knowledge of SQL, and preferably Python skills
- Great collaboration and communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience in Bigquery or a similar cloud data warehouse
- Love for music!
We are currently working with modern data stack including Google Cloud, Firebase and Bigquery and Preset, but value diversity and your desire to learn beyond specific tools and technologies. Our team is super talented and easy-going, set to make an impact in the future of music business. When you join Musopia, please note that playing some musical instrument is not mandatory but there is a fair chance to learn, and you will even get paid for it! Come work with us and create awesome gamified, music e-learning apps from start to finish. Our team is super talented and easy-going, set to make an impact in the future of music business. We are primarily looking for full-time team members and we can consider remote mode too, depending on your situation. Our team base is in the center of Helsinki, with the possibility of regular remote work depending on projects.
Musopia’s team is developing a unique and truly global concept to ease the early steps of learning to play a musical instrument. Based in Vallila, Helsinki Finland, Musopia is a music software development studio with a mission to help people´s dream of playing an instrument come true. We can help these music lovers become music players with innovative and fun solutions.
We work closely together with some of the biggest names in the music industry who share the same passion for creating engaging and efficient learning experiences, such as the world´s biggest ukulele brand Kala Brand Music and the massively popular online guitar teacher JustinGuitar and other music educators. We have turned toward a rapid and strong growth path thanks to our new partnerships and on-going trend around e-learning and application business. Read more at musopia.net/careers/.
Musopia makes fun and entertaining mobile apps that ignite the music in people. Learn your favorite song on the guitar, go from beginner to master on the ukulele, or discover a new sense of rhythm – with Musopia apps, the magical gateway to the universe of music is in your pocket.
Our apps JustinGuitar and Kala have risen on top in their catogories and been downloaded by millions of people so far. We have partnered with exciting brands such as Kala, JustinGuitar, Yamaha and Little Kids Rock with great results.
And this is only the beginning! New ideas combining music, technology, entertainment and education are flowing from the minds of our tuneful team all the time.
We are based in Helsinki, Finland – but in practice us Musopians enjoy working from all corners of the world. Our curious band has tech heads, music lovers, marketing visionaries, and generalists – all wonderful persons united by a sense of wonder and a refreshing lack of ego.
Are you ready for the spark?